- Privilege to attend General meetings of the Association and meetings of the Chapter Branch and may join and participate in all Association, Chapter, branch or group activities.
- Only voting members are eligible to vote at the General Meetings, meetings of the Governing Council and meetings of Chapters or Branches.
- Any Voting Members who are members of more than one Chapter shall have only one vote at the General Meetings.
- All members shall have right to participate in any activities of the Association by attending or subscribing to:
- Conferences and seminars;
- AAK SACCO and AAK Housing Society;
- Professional and medical Insurance Schemes;
- Benevolent Funds and Bursaries;
- Documents and stationeries;
- Journals and publications;
- All candidates for election as AAK Members are required to complete an application from and sign the declaration as required under By-Law BL 4.0 of the AAK Constitution and submit it to the Secretariat for the consideration by the respective Chapter.
- All applicants for membership need to be proposed and seconded by corporate members of the chapter being applied for.
- Membership application should be made on prescribed Application Forms with an entrance fee with the first annual subscription.
- All applications for membership shall be signed by the Chairman of the Chapter or Chapters concerned to indicate approval of the application by the Chapter and shall be confirmed by the Governing Council at the first opportunity.
Election shall be by a majority vote of the Chapter Council during a governing council seating. In the event that an application is rejected, the entrance fee and first annual subscription shall be returned to the candidate;
Unless the Chapter Council otherwise decides, the candidate shall be given a short summary of the reasons for rejection but no other correspondence or legal proceedings shall be entered into;
The candidate may not re-apply for membership for a period of twelve months from the date of the decision of the Chapter Council;
Any such applicant may appeal to the Governing Council.
Upon election, the Honorary Registrar shall inform the candidate and shall enter the name of the candidate in the Registrar of Association.
Certificate of membership shall be issued to the Member by the Governing Council
Members wishing to upgrade their membership class or join a second chapter within AAK shall follow similar procedure as above.
|Membership Category||Entrance Fee (Ksh)||Annual Subscription (Ksh)|