Established in 1967, the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) is Kenya’s leading Association for professionals in the built and natural environment in Kenya incorporating Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Town Planners, Engineers, Landscape Architects and Environmental Design Consultants and Construction Project Managers.
The Association is registered under the Societies Act and brings together professionals from the Private Sector, Public Sector and Academia. The Association also acts as a link between professionals and stakeholders in the construction industry: Including policy makers, manufacturers, real estate developers and financial institutions.
Objectives Of The Association
The stated objectives of AAK are:
- To co-ordinate the activities of professionals concerned with Built and Natural environment in Kenya and promote professionals integrity and to direct the members of Association in all matters of professional practice;
- To advance the science and art of planning and building by developing the standards of professional education, training and practice, and facilitate matters of mutual interest of the member professions;
- To create public awareness by marketing the services of member professions and provide professional opinions on the matters pertaining to violation of the statutes provided for good maintenance of the Built and Natural environment;
- To establish and accredit Continuing Professional Development programmes for the members of the Association and encourage collaboration of professionals and societies engaged in the Built and Natural environment;
- To offer community services by participation in the enhancement of Built and Natural environment, maintain building information services, and monitor quality assurance on materials;
- To liaise with the Government and regulatory agencies on the matters affecting Registration and licensing of the professionals engaged in the built and natural environment;
- To foster National, Regional and International co-operation in matters dealing with the professions related to built and natural environment;
- To maintain and protect heritage of the Built and Natural environment;
- To facilitate research and dissemination of information for advancement of professional education, training, and practice;
- To publish documents and publications for the benefit of the members of the Association and the general public in matters of the built and natural environment.
- To create revenue generating activities for the Association.